Thursday, December 23, 2010

Oh, what a wonderful, lazy, morning!

As I type this I am still in my pjs, smelling the sausage for our Christmas morning breakfast casserole simmering in the pan as well as the traditional Red Velvet Cake birthday cake baking in my oven! Oh what a wonderful morning!

We had an awesome day yesterday! Some very good and sweet friends watched the boys for Jim and I to have a little date. We went to lunch at one of our most favorite places, The Olive Garden, and went to a movie, The Little Fockers. Lunch was wonderful and the movie was HILARIOUS!!!! We had such a good time. We got a little bit of shopping squeezed in there too. We went to Lifeway to purchase Drew a personal devotional book to give him Sunday as a happy for his baptism day. We also went in H.H. Greg to get some batteries for my camera. I know that was probably not the most sensible place to go, but even if I paid $5 more than they would have been at Wal-Mart it was well worth it to avoid being in that place!!! I am glad we went in that store though. We had fun looking at all the TVs and making plans for what we would like to have when we have to replace ours. We are planning to purchase a new one for our bedroom in the late spring so we were able to get some ideas about what size and all from this little shopping trip. The boys had a great time over at our friend's house. It was just all around a wonderful afternoon!

We came home and prepared a quick dinner so that we could get ready to go see Christmas lights! We loaded up in the car, in our pjs, to cruise all over the Olive Branch area looking at lights!


You just cannot beat some good cheap fun like that! JC only made it about half way through our outing before he was snoring. And I do mean snoring!! He had not had a nap at all yesterday so he was really tired!


This morning we are being extra lazy! I got up and fixed us some breakfast. A lady from the church I work at brought us in homemade biscuits and sausage for us to take home and cook for our families. It was so sweet of her to do that and we greatly enjoyed them! Jim said the biscuits were almost as good as his grandmothers. It was great to have a breakfast that was basically already cooked. I am going to get cleaned up as soon as I finish this blog so that we can get ready to go to my sisters. My mom is taking she and I out for our birthday outing to dinner and a movie. Jim has graciously agreed to keep all 6 boys!! But he says I owe him big time and has not told me how I have to repay him yet. But it will be worth it! We will be heading south to see Jim's mom and do Christmas with his family tomorrow. I should have more pics to share soon!

No comments: