Friday, December 3, 2010

Soon to have home internet again!!

And hopefully that will mean more up to date blogging!

There is so much to blog about today I hardly no where to begin! I guess I will just give a weekly run down of what has been going on and hit all the big stuff along the way.

So lets start with Monday. It had been a good day for all the Mayos. We were doing our thing at home, homework was done, laundry was going, dinner was cooking. Jim was on the phone with his mom and I was busy with something, I cannot really remember for sure what it was now. But, I remember knowing that JC had run into our room and that I needed to go get him. Usually him running into our room just means he is trying to find Leo! So, I finished what I was doing and went to get him. Well I discovered that the bathroom door was shut, not big deal, he loves to shut doors. Then I tried to open the bathroom door, it was locked! I panic! I am running to the laundry room, screaming at Jim that he has locked himself in the bathroom. I pull all the towels and rags from the cabinet digging for the emergency key to the doors. This was where we had kept it before. As I am digging I remember that we had to use the key before to get in Drew's room because the door had been mistakenly locked. After that incident we had put it in the drawer in the boy's bathroom. I tell Jim to look there and he gets the key and runs back to the bathroom to release the bad child before I could even get down from the step stool in the laundry room! I just could not do anything but laugh at this point. He was not even phased by it! Jim was on the verge of breaking the door down! He is amazing sometimes!

Tuesday morning as we were getting ready to leave for the day I noticed that JC's right eye looked really red. We looked at it, cleaned it out really good and put some pink eye drops that we had in the medicine cabinet in it as a precaution. I really did not think that it was pink eye but most likely just allergies. Well, he did not make it at daycare but about an hour before they called me about it. Jim went and got him and took him to the doctor. They said it was mild pink eye and gave us a prescription for drops. He was not going to be able to go back to day care until Thursday. We were not really sure what we were going to do on Wednesday. Neither one of us really could miss an entire day of work. We ended up getting Elizabeth to keep him on Wednesday. This is the first time she has really ever kept JC. He had a wonderful day over there. Elizabeth has been trying to convince me to let her keep JC for some time now. We talked about it a little bit more that afternoon and I told her that we would talk about it more. Jim and I looked at the numbers and it will save us $55 per week! Not to mention that with Elizabeth we only have to pay her for days that she actually keeps him. So if he is sick or if we are on vacation or if Jim is out of school for a day or what have you we will not owe her money. So we will save atleast 2500.00 per year just because of the cut in the weekly amount and having to pay at the day care regardless of whether or not he attends. Of course there will be some extra gas expense by going to her house everyday, but that is a minimal expense and still means a massive savings each week. We are excited about it and she is too. She does not keep very many kids each day now that all but one of her own are in school. He will begin going to her house the week after Christmas. She is going to keep JC and Drew two days that week to allow Jim to get some work done to prepare for the semester ahead.

We will be going tonight to my mom's Christmas program! I am excited about that. We are planning to get some dessert somewhere afterward and visit a little. Tomorrow is the OB Christmas Parade. That is always a fun event! We love to watch the parade. We especially like to watch the OB band and look for Jim. My best friend, Stephanie, will be going with me and the boys. We always have a lot of fun. Tomorrow night is my staff Christmas party. We got a sitter for the boys so they will be able to have their normal routine that evening and be ready for bed when we get home. I am looking forward to an evening with good friends and some awesome food!

Now I am going to post a lot of pictures.

This is sick JC from a couple of weeks ago. He was loving all the attention that he was getting this morning. I had propped him up on his boppy pillow in the recliner with his milk. Such a typical man!!


This is JC on any typical afternoon. He thinks that if there is food in the oven it should be done immediately so he can eat it. So he will stand there and talk to the oven. We think he is telling it to hurry up and get done!


This afternoon he decided to play Peek-A-Boo with me and the camera!



Since the oven was not responding to his demands he decided to sit down and learn some letters!


Our decorated tree! Simple, but beautiful I think!


JC watching the Christmas parade. He is sitting in the storage box for the train track, what better place to sit and watch the parade!


Christmas Card Photos; Take 1


Take 2, probably the keeper. JC would not wear his Santa hat!


The Christmas Ham who wanted me to keep taking pictures of just him!

No comments: