Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas with the Hanks

Tonight has been a wonderful night! We celebrated Christmas with our good friends the Hanks tonight! I will write more about that but first lets recap the week thus far...

I only had to work through today this week! Yeah!! That means I am off for 5 days. I am so very excited about that. I do really love my job and going to work is by now means something I do not look forward to. But, it is just nice to have some time off. Especially when Jim and the boys are getting to stay home without me when I do have to work! I worked pretty late yesterday and today but I think it will be well worth it to have these days off.

Last night we went to a fellowship with our new Sunday school class. We had such a great time and I felt like we really got to know some of the people better. You just don't become friends with people by sitting in a classroom together once a week. We had some great food and the kids, and adults, baked and decorated Christmas cookies. After we left there we drove around some neighborhoods looking at Christmas lights. We plan to do this again tomorrow night. It was rather late last night and JC was getting pretty tired but tomorrow we plan to go out and do it after dinner. Drew had a good time looking at all the lights.

Tonight, as I said before, we had Christmas with the Hanks.


We ordered pizza and my friend made my favorite, eclair cake!! After we had eaten we let the kids open up their gifts.
Drew got Toy Story 3 and a Hotwheel car.


JC got 4 little trucks that are just the right size for him to push them around on the floor with his hand.

He had a little help opening his! He is still not really into tearing the paper off of the gifts.

We gave each of the girls a purse with their initial on it. Inside the purse they each had an accessory for their American Girl dolls. Mackenzie got a pair of purple eye glasses. Erin got a pair of roller skates. Rebecca got a purple headband. I think they were all very excited about their gifts.

After the unwrapping was done they all sat down to watch Toy Story 3.

They are a crazy bunch but I love them all so much! God did not give me daughters of my own but I love these 3 girls like they are mine.

Well, I am tired! It was a long couple of days at work and now all the fun tonight has just worn me out. We have lots planned for the next 5 days. Tomorrow Jim and I are going out for a lunch date and a matinee movie. Thursday I am going out for some girl time with my mom and sister to celebrate our birthdays. Friday we will be in Batesville and of course Saturday is Christmas and that will be a busy and full day! So I am excited not to be working but we will be staying quite busy during my time off.

I will try to keep the pics and stories of our fun coming!

No comments: